Employers that participate in this certificate program gain safety specialists who can protect the safety, health and lives of your most valuable asset, your employees, and save money through fewer lost-time injuries, fewer fines and citations, and cost-effective responses to regulatory requirements.
Complete the following courses to receive this certificate:
- OSHA 511 – Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 521 – OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene or National Safety Council’s OR NSC’S Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA 2225 – Respiratory Protection
- OSHA 2015 – Hazardous Materials
- OSHA 2255 – Principles of Ergonomics
- OSHA 2264 – Permit-Required Confined Space
- OSHA 7120 – Introduction to Combustible Dust Hazards
- OSHA 7210 – Pandemic Illness Preparedness
- OSHA 7215 – Silica in the Construction, Maritime, and General Industries
- OSHA 7225 -Transitioning to Safer Chemicals
- OSHA 7400 – Noise Hazards in the Construction Industry
- NSC’s Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH)
Two Elective Courses (One day each)
- Choose from any one day OTI Education Center Courses or
one day NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate Courses not listed above.
All courses must be completed within the past five years and presented by Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center or Chesapeake Region Safety Council. A maximum of two courses can be grandfathered from other OTI Education Centers or a National Safety Council Chapter.
Final approval at the discretion of the MAOTIEC