Employers that participate in this certificate program gain safety specialists who can protect the safety, health and lives of your most valuable asset, your employees, and save money through fewer lost-time injuries, fewer fines and citations, and cost-effective responses to regulatory requirements.
Complete the following courses to receive this certificate:
- OSHA 511 – Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 521 – OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene or National Safety Council’s (NSC) Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA 2225 – Respiratory Protection
- OSHA 7000 – Guidelines for Safety Patient Handling
- OSHA 7200 – Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control for Healthcare Facilities
- OSHA 7210 – Pandemic Influenza Preparedness
- OSHA 7505 – Introduction to Accident [Incident] Investigation or NSC’s Incident Investigation
- OSHA 7845 – Recordkeeping Rule Seminar
- NSC’s Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH)
- NSC’s Ergonomics: Managing for Results
Two Elective Courses (One day each)
- Choose from any one day OTI Education Center Courses or
one day NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate Courses not listed above.
All courses must be completed within the past five years and presented by Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center or Chesapeake Region Safety Council. A maximum of two courses can be grandfathered from other OTI Education Centers or a National Safety Council Chapter.
Final approval at the discretion of the MAOTIEC