Participants will learn to prevent incidents that result in property damage, injury, and death, related to the rigging and signal-person duties of operation of cranes when used in construction, demolition, and maintenance. This 2 day training is for individuals who work under the supervision of a competent person and on a routine basis perform rigging work engaged in lifting loads other than rigging for special lifts, or the erection, dismantling, jumping or reconfiguring of cranes or all of these. This person is also trained to communicate guidance and direction to a crane operator in lifting, hoisting, moving, or releasing a load.
Upon completion of this course, employees shall be able to demonstrate specific knowledge of the following:
- Hand, voice and radio communications
- Proficiency in hand and verbal signals, including the standard method for hand signals as required by ASME B30.3-2004, ASME B30.5-2007 and ASME B30.6-2003
- Rigging hardware, including hooks and similar attaching devices, shackles, clips, clamps and taglines
- Synthetic/wire rope slings
- Common load configurations and positioning
- Personal fall protection methods
- Emergency procedures
- Hazards and restrictions associated with working adjacent to overhead electric lines and equipment.
Course Includes: Full training kit, rigging handbook, USB with electronic resources, lunch and refreshments.
Chesapeake Region Safety Council Trainer Certificates awarded upon successful completion of this course.
Full training kit – wire rope sling, wire rope clips, fist grips, grade 70 transport chain, grade 80 alloy chain, shackle, eye hook, wire rope with lay removed, damage wire, & turnbuckle with equipment bag.
Course Time: 2 days, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
11.5 Contact hours
Course Fee: Member Rate $895.00, Non Member Rate $995.00
02/29/2024 - 03/01/2024
Baltimore, MD – Chesapeake Region Safety Council