Safety Management Techniques -Advanced Safety Certificate Course
Date(s) - 10/05/2020 - 10/09/2020
Virtual Instructor Led Training
Safety Management Techniques (SMT) is designed to assist safety and health professionals who are responsible for managing employees and/or projects in safety and health efforts. SMT is part of the curriculum toward achieving the Advanced Safety Certificate. Attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your facility/company. Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers.
What you will learn:
- Identify the fundamental principles of safety management
- Recognize the key elements of NSC’s safety management system
- Determine your role as a safety and health professional and define line management’s safety and health responsibilities
- Identify leadership strategies that contribute to your success as a manager
- Recognize the dynamics of organizational safety culture
- Recognize strategies and steps to create organizational and individual change
- Enhance your interviewing, consulting and influencing skills to enlist support from key people in your organization
- Use measurement tools to track the progress of your organization’s safety management system
- Identify the steps for preparing a successful safety management audit
- Establish a business case for a safety management system.
- Use problem solving and decision making skills to resolve your organization’s safety and health issues
- Create an action plan to improve safety management in your organization.
Course Includes: Student materials, lunch and refreshments (non VILT)
Additional Materials: Click here for a PDF registration form
Course Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Class will begin at Noon the first day, then 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Member Price: $1,295.00 Non Member Price: $1,650.00
VILT courses require payment in advance.
Click here to review all Virtual Instructor-Led Training Device & Internet Connection Requirements
This course is currently closed. For additional options, please contact us at 800-875-4770.