Rigger and Signal Trainer Course
Date(s) - 06/08/2023 - 06/09/2023
08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Participants will learn to prevent incidents that result in property damage, injury, and death, related to the rigging and signal-person duties of operation of cranes when used in construction, demolition, and maintenance. This day and a half training is for individuals who work under the supervision of a competent person and on a routine basis perform rigging work engaged in lifting loads other than rigging for special lifts, or the erection, dismantling, jumping or reconfiguring of cranes or all of these. This person is also trained to communicate guidance and direction to a crane operator in lifting, hoisting, moving, or releasing a load.
Upon completion of this course, employees shall be able to demonstrate specific knowledge of the following:
- Hand, voice and radio communications
- Proficiency in hand and verbal signals, including the standard method for hand signals as required by ASME B30.3-2004, ASME B30.5-2007 and ASME B30.6-2003
- Rigging hardware, including: Hooks and similar attaching devices; shackles, clips, and clamps; and taglines
- Synthetic/wire rope slings
- Common load configurations and positioning
- Personal fall protection methods
- Emergency procedures
- Hazards and restrictions associated with working adjacent to overhead electric lines and equipment.
Chesapeake Region Safety Council Trainer Certificates awarded upon successful completion of this course.
Course Includes: Full training kit, lunch and refreshments
Full training kit – wire rope sling, wire rope clips, fist grips, grade 70 transport chain, grade 80 alloy chain, shackle, eye hook, wire rope with lay removed, damage wire, turnbuckle, rigging handbook 5th edition, rigging USB, crane hand signals, USB with electronic resources, and an equipment bag.
Course Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Course Fee: Member Rate $895.00, Non Member Rate $995.00
This course is currently closed. For additional options, please contact us at 800-875-4770.