FALL PROTECTION TRAINER
Date(s) - 10/13/2023
08:00 am - 04:00 pm
FALLS ARE THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH IN CONSTRUCTION. In 2021, there were 390 fatal falls out of the 951 construction fatalities (BLS data). These deaths are preventable. This course will help you plan, prepare and deliver fall protection training to your workers to prevent injuries and fatalities from falls.
This program provides the elements to develop a good Fall Protection Training Program to include:
- Determine fall protection training needs
- Identify goals and objectives
- Identify materials and information necessary to train employees
- Develop learning activities (i.e., lecture, on-the-job, hands-on, discussion, or a combination of all of these)
- Conduct the training each student will be responsible to develop and present an assigned topic on fall protection to the class and be evaluated on that presentation.
- Evaluate the Program
Prerequisite: In order to attend this course you must have completed the OSHA 3115 FALL PROTECTION course within the last 12 months and provide the CRSC with a copy of your course completion certificate.
Upon completion of both the OSHA 3115 and the Fall Protection Train the Trainer Course, as presented by the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, meet the Competent Person (CP) 24 hour training requirement in Section 21.C.04 of the new EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety and Health Requirements Manual. The OSHA 3115 (3 day course) and the Fall Protection Train the Trainer course (1 day) are independent and must be registered for separately.
Course Includes: A student binder and a USB which includes:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Video clips
- Test questions
- Additional resource information for fall protection
Lunch and refreshments
Click here for a PDF registration form
Course Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please note, to register for this course you must have completed the OSHA 3115 FALL PROTECTION and pass the course exam with an 80% or higher.
Log in if you already have an account with us.