Driver Improvement Program (DIP)
Date(s) - 09/18/2021
09:00 am - 04:00 pm
Chesapeake Region Safety Council is approved by the Maryland MVA to teach Driver Improvement Program (DIP) classes. This class is an instructional program intended to provide driver rehabilitation. You may have been assigned to take a driver improvement program for one of the following reasons:
- You were referred by a District Court Judge;
- You were referred by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) in the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH);
- You accumulated 5, 6, or 7 points on your driving record;
- You were convicted or granted probation before judgment for a moving violation while holding a provisional driver’s license. (Provisional drivers can also take Alive at 25, which is approved as a Driver Improvement Program);
- This class may meet the requirements from other states because of a traffic violation, but you must check directly with the out-of-state authority requiring your attendance at a class as to whether Maryland’s DIP will satisfy their requirements.
If assigned in Maryland because of any of the first four points above, you will receive a letter from the MVA, referring you to take the Driver Improvement Program. This class meets those specifications. If you have lost your MVA referral letter, contact [email protected] or go to a branch office to request another copy.
Upon successful completion of the course, CRSC will notify the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. Please keep proof of attendance for your records.
Payment must be made in advance and is non-refundable. Requirements on the day of class include bringing your photo ID and MVA referral letter with you and completing the class by the date listed on the MVA referral letter. You must be on time. You can click on a PDF Flyer below and send check by mail, or choose to register by credit card.
Course Includes: Student Materials
Course Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (there is a break for lunch)
Course Fee: $50.00