This course covers the OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard. Students learn who is a Competent Person under the OSHA Construction Standard for Respirable Crystalline Silica. Resources provided for trainers to continuously deliver training to multiple persons and job sites.
This course will address the basic content of the silica standard including:
- health hazards
- how to implement Table 1, how to handle non-Table 1 tasks
- when and how to conduct exposure monitoring
- preparation of a written exposure control plan
- what exposure and medical surveillance documentation must be maintained
- what to look for on a job site to ensure compliance with the silica rule
- how to manage the job site’s multiple contractors
Having the understanding and knowledge gained through this trainer course will allow you to deliver training to other persons so they have the skills, abilities, knowledge, and confidence to ensure implementation of the written exposure control plan and to take the actions necessary and required to ensure exposure to respirable crystalline silica is minimized on a job site.
Course Includes: Student binder, and electronic resources including:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Additional Silica resource information
Certificates of Completion awarded by the Chesapeake Region Safety Council.
Course Time: One day, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
3.5 Contact Hours
Member Price: $265.00 Non Member Price: $ 345.00