Chesapeake Region Safety Council is approved by the Maryland MVA to teach Driver Improvement Program (DIP) classes. This class is an instructional program intended to provide driver rehabilitation. You may have been assigned to take a driver improvement program for one of the following reasons:
- You were referred by a District Court Judge;
- You were referred by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) in the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH);
- You accumulated 5, 6, or 7 points on your driving record;
- You were convicted or granted probation before judgment for a moving violation while holding a provisional driver’s license. (Provisional drivers can also take Alive at 25, which is approved as a Driver Improvement Program);
- This class may meet the requirements from other states because of a traffic violation, but you must check directly with the out-of-state authority requiring your attendance at a class as to whether Maryland’s DIP will satisfy their requirements.
If assigned in Maryland because of any of the first four points above, you will receive a letter from the MVA, referring you to take the Driver Improvement Program. This class meets those specifications. If you have lost your MVA referral letter, contact MVACS@mdot.state.md.us or go to a branch office to request another copy.
Upon successful completion of the course, CRSC will notify the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. Please keep proof of attendance for your records.
Payment must be made two days in advance and is non-refundable. It is an MVA requirement that a government ID with photo be provided to the instructor upon entry. If a driver’s license is not used, we need paperwork with your Maryland MVA Soundex number to report successful class completion to the MVA. Attendees must be on time and stay through the entire course. A test is given at the end of the course, and a score of 80% is required to pass the class.
Payment can be made by sending payment through mail with the attached registration form or by credit card.
Course Includes: Student Materials
Course Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (there is a break for lunch)
Course Fee: $50.00