Is Your Organization in Compliance with the OSHA Standard?
Employees, business owners and anyone who has a reasonably anticipated occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials in the course of their work is covered under the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29CFR 1910.1030.
This NSC instructor-led classroom course helps reduce these risks by focusing on how to protect employees from blood and airborne pathogens and what to do if an exposure occurs. The course covers:
- Fundamentals of bloodborne pathogens training
- Essential information on hepatitis viruses and HIV
- How to prevent infection from bloodborne pathogens
- Key facts about airborne pathogens, including tuberculosis
Course Content and Materials
In addition to the entire text of the OSHA standard and glossary of terms, this course includes:
- A thorough introduction to bloodborne and airborne pathogens, including Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV and TB
- Proven steps to reduce exposure risks and prevent infection
- Action to take if an exposure occurs
- The Needle Stick Safety and Prevention Act
- Record-keeping and exposure control plans
The Instructor Resource Kit includes the instructor manual with lesson plans, exams and scenarios for class discussion, an instructor CD with PowerPoint presentation, DVD and student workbook.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Employees trained in first aid CPR/AED who are responsible for rendering medical assistance
- Plant operations engineers, maintenance workers and janitors
- Fire, police, first responders and healthcare professionals
- Teachers, coaches, school personnel and childcare workers
- Hotel housekeepers and hospitality workers
Those who successfully complete the course will receive a course completion card, required for OSHA compliance and also a Train the Trainer Certificate
Course Includes: Complete Instructor Kit
- Instructor manual with lesson plans, exams and additional scenarios for class discussions
- Instructor CD with PowerPoint presentation
- Student workbook
Additional Materials: Click here for a PDF registration form
Course Time: 8:00 am – 11:00 amNo Classes Are Scheduled At This Time - Please call 1.800.875.4770
Member Price: $175.00 Non Member Price: $225.00
No public courses are currently scheduled. This course can be offered as an on site private course. Please reach out to us at [email protected]