ATSSA Flagger courses offered:
- ATSSA National Course
- ATSSA National Course (Spanish)
- ATSSA State-Specific Course (CA, MA, MD, NC, or UT)
- ATSSA Maryland State-Specific Course
All persons performing flagging along Maryland roadways are required to have passed the Maryland approved flagger course. The American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) Training Course is the only approved flagger training program for Maryland flaggers. This program is also recognized and approved in Delaware, Pennsylvania and Washington DC.
Upon successful completion, flaggers will be able to:
- Provide protection for on-site project personnel and safe passage of traffic through and around work areas
- Have a thorough understanding of flagging procedures and proper use of required equipment
- Ensure that temporary traffic control zones follow the principles outlined in the MUTCD and other standard references
Courses Include: Flagger Handbook, Student Workbook, Student Exam & Certification Card
Course Time: Each specific ATSSA course is approximately 4 hours.
Course Price: Please contact private training for prices
While there are no public courses offered at this time, private training can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or completing our private training request form.